Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold Damage Tips from SERVPRO of Central Oklahoma City
Mold growth stems from moisture. Water damage can start to create mold growth within 24-48 hours. That is why the biggest tip we at SERVPRO of Central Oklahoma City can give to you is to make contact with out professionals as quickly as possible when you believe you might have mold. Mold growth can be seen and smelled. Be sure to avoid touching mold if you think you see it and call our team as quickly as you can. Our team makes itself available 24/7 in order to mitigate mold situations as soon as we can.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (405) 252-9400
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Central Oklahoma City for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Central Oklahoma City has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Oklahoma City
- Warr Acres
- The Village
- Nichols Hill